Covid-19 Lead Worker Training for the Leisure Health and Fitness sector
• Date: 13th August
• Session Times:
o Morning: 9.30am – 1pm
o Afternoon: 2pm – 5.30pm
• Venue: Zoom (online course)
To register please email email@example.com
Please note this course is only for those staff who will be the compliance officer, there is a separate Covid-19 staff training course that will be available also.
Aims of the Training:
• To ensure that all course attendees are fully familiar with the requirements of the legislation
and guidance from various information sources such as the Government and Department of
Health, NSAI and others.
• To ensure that all attendees can implement these requirements and best practice in relation
to Covid-19 compliance to the leisure, health and fitness industry including implementation
into their own specific workplaces.
• To provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to be able to provide Covid -19 Induction Training within their own workplaces to their colleagues.
1. Signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
2. How COVID-19 is spread.
3. Cleaning routines and hygiene controls (including respiratory hygiene, cough etiquette and
handwashing and physical distancing).
4. Use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and medical equipment (e.g. thermometers,
disposable gloves, masks, and disinfectants).
5. What to do if an employee or a member of the public becomes unwell and believe they have
been exposed to COVID-19.
6. First aid protocols
7. When individuals in the workplace have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
8. Cleaning of the workplace.
9. Rubbish disposal, including tissues.
10. Familiarising key staff with the COVID-19 plan- providing internal induction training.
11. Providing induction training to peers in the workplace.
12. End Validation Test- ensuring that all attendees have achieved required competence.